Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chez le coiffeur

Getting the hair cut is one of the most basic things that need to be done for a man. Hair grows. Well, it grows for those who have it still. In my ten years of living in Paris I have had a number of places that I have gone to get it cut every three or four weeks.

When living on the Left Bank “Rive Gauche” I first went to the Jean-Philippe Audebert Coiffure at 88, boulevard Saint-Germain (75005 Paris) which was just a few doors down from the building that I was living in at 84, boulevard Saint-Germain. It was a salon mixte ie coiffeure masculin and feminine. The nearest metro was Cluny – La Sorbonne. It is still there and the telephone for reservations is 01.43.26.90.25.

I moved to Rue de Bourgogne in the seventh arrondissement and sought out a local coiffeur. I then went to Jean-Paul Chatre at 109, rue de Grenelle. Again it was for both male and female. Following the retirement of the owner it has since the Salon de coiffeure Sergine Tritant.

My hair needs are fairly simple and conservative. Just a shorter cut that is not too radical. I decided that I needed a coiffeur hommes i.e. that was 100% men. I began to use JL Hair Coiffure at 9, rue des Archives, 75004 Paris with Hôtel de Ville as the nearest metro. Telephone number is 01.42.72.12.81.

In 2007 BHV Homme opened at 36, rue de la Verrerie (75004) across from the main BHV department store. It included Les Mauvais Garçons Coiffeur Barbier on the right hand side of the ground floor. After a number of years going to JL Hair I thought I would try it out. I was happy with the service and since then have had my hair cut by Milan. It does get very busy particularly on a Saturday so I have to make sure that I book early enough to get an appointment. The website is at http://www.lesmauvaisgarcons.fr/ and the telephone number is 01.42.72.36.22.

No comments:

Post a Comment